Pages

14.5.12

over the weekend.

you know it was a good weekend when grilling, shopping, and sunshine were involved.

friday: this wasn't our normal mama/amber shopping day. this was a rare shopping day. why? my brother came with us. he is a typical dude when it comes to shopping: get in, get out, go home. mama and i are the opposite. since my brother rarely shops, i decided to take one for the team. to my surprise, it was a successful day. dustin entered the 21st century and now has an iphone. i had a passion tea lemonade and bought the coolest magnetic nail polish.



saturday: not a bit of makeup was worn. my hair stayed in a messy bun. basically i did nothing all day and it was awesome.

sunday: my favorite day. church, afternoon nap, and mother's day!

my best friend. my confidant. my mama. 
  
we grilled hamburgers, steaks, chicken, and hotdogs for mama.

little brother and i. even boomer got to partake in the outdoor grilling festivities.

sunshine + strawberry lemonade 

3 things i'm looking forward to this week:
- going to the races friday night with my brother
- the beginning preparations for VBS
- starting beth moore's james bible study

2 things i learned this weekend:
- i want to be remembered not as a good person. not as a nice person. not as beautiful. but as a Jesus girl. one who loved Jesus with every fiber. one whose walk matched her talk.
- academy sports plays the best 90's music. i had a dance party in the men's shoe department.

1 thing i read:
- "Jesus, i need to give myself up. i am not strong enough to love You and walk with You on my own. i can't do it, and i need You. i need You deeply and desperately. i believe You are worth it, that You are better than anything else i could have in this life or the next. i want You. and when i don't, i want to want You. be all in me. take all of me. have Your way with me."
-francis chan, crazy love.


1 comment:

  1. That book changed my life... and that was one of my favorite parts! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete

when you write a comment, it makes me smile.