Pages

31.8.12

twenty-six.


You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body
    and knit me together in my mother’s womb. 
thank You for making me so wonderfully complex!
    Your workmanship is marvelous—how well i know it. 
You watched me as i was being formed in utter seclusion,
    as i was woven together in the dark of the womb. 
You saw me before i was born.
    every day of my life was recorded in Your book.
every moment was laid out before a single day had passed.


on this day, twenty-six years ago, a 9 pound, 4 ounce baby was born into this world.
for weeks, the doctor said the baby was a boy, but to everyone's surprise, he was actually a she.
the mama was so worried that the daddy would be disappointed, but the nurse quickly informed her that he had already fallen in love with his baby girl.
they named their daughter amber.

 [august 31st, 1986]

today is my birthday! i have been on this earth for twenty-six years.
that is cuh-razy, y'all.

[skirt: windsor]

i thank God for another year.
for the two people He chose to be my parents.
for the best brother in the world.
for the blessings i don't deserve.
for His Son, Jesus.

my heart is so full.

so here's to another year of life.
my wish, my dream, my prayer is that i will continue to grow in my walk with Jesus, that i will fulfill His purpose for my life, and that i will enjoy every breath He gives me.
 



funny picture from back in the day: apparently getting panties on my birthday was a big deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

when you write a comment, it makes me smile.