Pages

20.6.13

in the hurricane.



the past week of my life was hard. though the pain won't ease up anytime soon, i find immense comfort in the shadow of His protecting wings. when everything around me came crashing down last thursday, i didn't cry. i didn't worry. truthfully, i felt nothing. at first, i thought i was just numb from the hurt i knew my family was about to experience, but i realized it was His peace showering over me. i prayed for His protection for my family and for my heart. i know how brutal small town gossips can be.

"dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy.  
for you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow.  
so let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing."
james 1:2-4.

when troubles come, have joy. that's not the initial reaction i want to have, but i am choosing joy in Christ. it's easy to have faith when life is peachy keen. amen, hallelujah, God is good. but when life's storms come rolling in, that's when your faith-life is forced into the open and shows its true colors. i will praise You in this storm hurricane. i trust in my God because He is faithful, He is able, & He is for me.

"and when you feel the rain, call His name. He'll find you in the hurricane."

No comments:

Post a Comment

when you write a comment, it makes me smile.