Pages

24.10.11

happy birthday, BOOMER!

well, it's not technically her "birthday", but today is the day we adopted her.

she is 13 years old. wow, how crazy is that?
i remember my brother and i begging my parents to let us have a pet in the house.
we finally had the perfect argument for deserving a pet: we had good grades on our report cards.
BAM! how could they say no? that's right--they couldn't. 

13 years later, she is as much apart of this family as i am. she is constant entertainment.
when she's not sleeping (which is a LOT), she's eating (a lot), drinking water in the bathtub,
playing with ice cubes, begging for food, and being mean to me.

i gotta give her credit though. in the past when a boy has broken my heart, she's been there in my bed cuddling with me. she knew i was hurting. 

i have a 3 and a half inch scar on my left wrist from where she scratched me right after we brought her home.
i look at that scar, and i can't help but smile. half of my life includes memories with her.
she's my 'widdle coodie'.

 she's so purrrrrdy.

 funniest. picture. ever. she reached for the dice, and yawned.

"check out my muscles."

1 comment:

  1. ha, i had a tiny scar on my left hand from when my dog was just a puppy and decided to teeth on my hand instead of his chew toys. it started to fade a while back and i was kind of sad when it did. i love those little reminders of our sweet pets!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete

when you write a comment, it makes me smile.