Pages

14.5.13

my first thrifting adventure.

what a wonderful weekend. 
one where the weather was warm enough to lay out on the deck with the kitty and soak up some vitamin d // one where computers and social media were ignored and time was enjoyed with those i love // one where i spent quality time with my brother at the races and devoured a scrumptious hamburger // one where i ate the best dinner and dessert with mama at rodolfo's // and one where i went on my first thrifting adventure! as i was browsing antiques with mama and listening to her reminisce when she saw an item that reminded her of a memory, i realized that i was doing something that i hadn't done in a long time: be present. this is my revelation as of late. i've been so occupied with living my life through social media: instagram, facebook, twitter, and even blogging. life is too short and precious to be glued to my iphone 24/7. the Lord is working overtime on me, or so it seems. and i am nothing but grateful for His discipline.

here are my thrifting finds:

owl bookends
vintage heart locket
coffee mug


the copper penny is located in downtown cushing, next to the movie theater.
i can't tell you how many times i have drove by this little gem while running errands. so excited to thrift here more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment

when you write a comment, it makes me smile.