Pages

26.1.12

"a room without books is like a body without a soul."


hi, my name is amber, and i am a book nerd.

i luuurve books. i remember when we would be assigned required reading in school -- i would be one of the few that not only read the entire book, but enjoyed it. book reports weren't homework; they were fun.

there is always a book in my purse. i buy books even though i have 10 more waiting on my shelf for me to get lost in. i've read books in one day. i read on friday and saturday nights. i even read at work when no one is looking.

a few of my favorite books are:

i am a firm believer in reading the book before seeing the movie, but i rarely like the movie version. i love getting book recommendations! there's a cool website that keeps track of the books you've read, want to read, or are currently reading. you can follow other people and see what they're saying about the books they're reading. it's called gooodreads.

last weekend, i finished the hunger games series. oh, mylanta. it was so good. if i had to pick between the hunger games and twilight, there would be no hesitation: the hunger games. don't get my wrong, i really like twilight, but the hunger games is better.

mockingjay.


yesterday i started reading "the help" by kathryn stockett. i hear the movie is spectacular, but first, i must read the book. so far, it won't stay outta my hands! 

 

what are you reading right now?

1 comment:

  1. I found your blog through (In)courage and have enjoyed reading. I think you will really like the help. I have the hunger games on order - hopefully I will get the box the next time I am in Nairobi. If I like the first one I will order the others - probably to read on kindle for my computer.

    I also love reading and have a room full of books. I buy or order books and keep them on the shelf to get to when I can too. Since I currently live in Kenya, I have to plan ahead. I can't just go to a local bookstore to get books. I'm currently reading Mission of Honor by David Weber. I recently finished Unbroken by Hillenbrand - it was about a WWII Japanese prisoner of war. Very good. I also read a mystery called cat raise the dead by S.R. Murphy - cute and very quick read - and Theodore Boone by Grisham. From the Ashes by Bill Thomas was also a good read. All these plus several kids books I have read since January 1. Not watching much TV gives lots of reading time at night.

    ReplyDelete

when you write a comment, it makes me smile.