Pages

23.8.12

random thoughts.


  • 8 years ago today, i started my first day of work at my grandma's accounting office. i was fresh off my move back home after my plans to live with friends and go to college fell through. my emotions were all over the place, but i knew i needed to work instead of sitting at home and crying. what was supposed to just be a chance to get myself on my feet turned into a job that i grew to like. some people can't work with their family, but i feel so grateful that the opposite is true for me. i'm learning to practice colossians 3:23. God's plan for me did not line up with the plans i had for myself, and for that, i am thankful. because every plan He has for me is infinitely better than anything i could ever imagine. this excerpt from tara-leigh cobble's book, crowded skies: letters to manhattan, describes Him accurately.



  • i started pinning again. i really like pinterest. it gives me great ideas and inspires me. i'm currently working on an instagram journal, inspired by this pin.
  • i informed mama to enjoy this weekend because it will be the last peaceful saturday she has before sooner football starts. BOOMER SOONER!
  • i'm not much of a reality show fan, but i do like big brother. you know what i want to see happen? i want someone to play that game with integrity and honesty. to win, not by backstabbing and lying their way to the end or by floating their way through, but by being nice, honest, and a good competitor who gives their all, even if they lack skills to win a competition. i understand that wouldn't make for good television because it's all about "big moves" and stepping on others to get to the top, but for once, i wish the nice guy would win.
  • my birthday is next week and i am super excited. i don't have any plans, but i have a "free starbucks drink" card and you best believe i'm using that bad boy.
  • i don't care what anyone says: i like the new taylor swift song and listen to it way too loudly numerous times a day.

1 comment:

when you write a comment, it makes me smile.