Pages

27.1.13

you get what you put in.




i recently started a new she reads truth plan. i had already studied through the "soul detox" plan they are currently re-reading, but i wanted to follow along with them each day and read the notes i took the previous time. i ran across a line from day six: 

"our thoughts are easily influenced by worldly influencing, relationships, words/lyrics, etc."

how true i found this to be last night. after reading half of a highly recommended book, i closed it and whispered, no more. i could not continue to fill my mind with the filth and foul language anymore. some people say they can just "ignore it", but i could no longer pretend that it wasn't affecting me. the words would creep into my thoughts throughout the day, and it left me feeling dirty.

when i fill my mind with worldly things, i will have worldly thoughts. it's that simple. i can't believe it took me reading half of the book to have that realization. i reap what i sow. what i put into my mind matters so much. what i think determines what i become, what i do, what i say, what's in my heart.

i want my thoughts, my mind, and my heart to be focused on Jesus. romans 12:2 says, "do not copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect." when my thoughts and my heart are fixed on Jesus, there is no room for the broken, ugly things of this world to take root.

the prayer of my heart moving forward is this:
"search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. point out anything in me that offends You, and lead me along the path of everlasting life."

i started blogging HERE now! make sure to follow along!

No comments:

Post a Comment

when you write a comment, it makes me smile.