Pages

29.3.13

a good friday.





sometimes i get discouraged because i'm not the most eloquent of writers. putting my thoughts and feelings into words often feels like pulling teeth. but then i'm reminded that God gave me another way to tell my story. instead of a pen, He gave me a camera; He gave me the gift of photography. He blessed me with the talent of capturing little moments and details that most people never notice.

 “if the sight of the blue skies fills you with joy, 
if a blade of grass springing up in the fields has power to move you, 
if the simple things in nature have a message you understand, 
rejoice, for your soul is alive.” 
[eleanora duse]



today is good friday. my heart is humbled, my soul is still. but here's the thing: with all that sorrow and quiet comes the hope of what will happen in three days. i know how this story ends. as Jesus declared, "tetelestai", so it was. all my sin, all my pain, all my brokenness and guilt and shame, all of it - paid. He endured the sin of the world, but the grave won't contain Him; death will lose.

 "but He was pierced for our rebellion, crushed for our sins.  
He was beaten so we could be whole.  
He was whipped so we could be healed." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

when you write a comment, it makes me smile.