Pages

8.11.12

a heavy but hopeful heart.


disclosure: this is my blog, my opinions. you may think i am close-minded or outdated. calling me every name in the book won't change my mind.  
i stand for what i believe, just like you do.

there has been a weight in my heart this week. a kind of sadness that i couldn't pinpoint until mama confronted me last night. she straight up asked me, "what is wrong with you?" [i love that about her. no sugar-coating] once she asked me that question, it was like the floodgates of my heart opened. 

i'm sad... for this country. for the people of this nation. 

after the election tuesday night, i am not going to lie... i shed a few tears. the remarks and comments i read were disheartening. quite frankly, i felt like some people were flipping the middle finger to God.

my heart just hurts.

biblical morals are shoveled aside like manure. a life is now a choice. and don't get me started on "legal marijuana".

this world needs Jesus. as believers, we must continually fall to our knees in prayer for one another, for our leaders, and for the lost. we should stop pointing the finger at others and take a look at our own lives first. we need to love others despite our differences. if we're not loving people, how do we expect them to believe Jesus does?

but i have hope.
hope that Jesus will continue to change the hearts and lives of others. hope that people will continue to stand for traditional values and the Word of God.

i find comfort in john 16:33b:

...here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. but take heart, because I have overcome the world.


ultimately, my hope is in Jesus. His words, His love, and what He did on the cross. He is my hope. OUR hope.



No comments:

Post a Comment

when you write a comment, it makes me smile.