Pages

29.12.12

2012: a year in review.


[january]
for me, january means one thing: the start of tax season.
a lot of resting and reading were happening this month. i also started crocheting.






[february]
the month of february was a warm one. spring started peeking through, prompting me to squeal with giddiness. this is also known as the month of love. instead of hating on the day of love like i normally would, i chose to embrace it. i had a single-girl night, complete with chinese takeout and sweet tea.
i celebrated the extra day from the leap year with a maple donut and vanilla iced coffee. (and then got on the treadmill for days.)






[march]
the warmer weather continued into march, bringing bradford pears into bloom. my heart overflows when i see these gorgeous trees. another great thing that happened in march was the start of my sponsorship for kwagala peace. the final week of march was a tough one. 




[april]
my favorite thing about april: the end of tax season! spring was in full bloom this month. i spent more time outside than anywhere else.




[may]
bubba and i went to the races this month. this is something i look forward to for two reasons: 1. i get to spend time with my baby brother. 2. they have the best burgers i've ever tasted. like ever, y'all. i also did something that i had wanted to do for a long while: i got bangs!



[june]
the start of another hot oklahoma summer paired with copious amounts of strawberry lemonade. one of my favorite moments from this month was when i got a text from my daddy that said, "you got your camera. found flowers. i'll come and get you. -dad" that's when i knew that (a) nature is apart of who i am and (b) my daddy is the cutest man alive.



[july]
the best thing about this month is that we celebrate our country and my mama's birthday on the same day.
cake, family, and blowing things up? i'm in! 
i started teaching sunday school this month along with being the "craft lady" at VBS.




[august]
this month, or more specifically a day of this month, will be forever etched in my mind. on august 4th, my family and i were evacuated from the place we've called home for 25 years due to wildfires.   
i also celebrated my 26th birthday this month! cake... mmm.





[september]
daddy and i went to the OU/famu game. it's one of my favorite memories from the year. BOOMER SOONER!




[october]
this month flew by, but don't they all seem to do that? this was the month that my brother raced for the first time and autumn showed its beautiful face.







[november]
i voted, ate mac & cheese at thanksgiving, and blogged about the things i am thankful for.









[december]
and to end the year, i posted a how-to video, was the lucky winner of a root canal, and completed a life-long goal.





-----------------------

i am so grateful for the experiences, lessons learned, and memories made this year. if i had to sum up this year in one word, it would be growth -- in my walk with Jesus, in relationships, in life. sure, there were some growing pains along the way, but God is molding me. i'm reminded of an old hymn that fits perfectly with my twenty-twelve:

have Thine own way, Lord. have Thine own way.
Thou art the potter; i am the clay.
mold me and make me after Thy will.
while i am waiting, yielded and still.

No comments:

Post a Comment

when you write a comment, it makes me smile.