Pages

10.12.12

He delights in every detail.



after last thursday, these words of the thirty-seventh psalm could not be more true.

it all started tuesday when i noticed some pain under my nose/at the top of my gums. i was certain i had a sinus infection, because, you know, web md said so. i went to the doctor on wednesday, got an antibiotic, and thought all was well. that was until wednesday night when the pain was so bad that i could cry. throbbing, pulsing pain. i knew it was no little sinus infection, but my tooth. more specific, the root, because my actual tooth didn't hurt.

that is when i started to worry.
can i get into the dentist tomorrow?
what am i going to do about the pain?
what will he want to do?
will this interfere with my plans?
and again, what about this pain?

i was worrying about the littlest of things, but after the events of thursday, i see how God cares about the details of my life, no matter how tedious or miniscule they seem.

i got into the dentist thursday afternoon.
he gave me pain killers.
i was the lucky winner of a root canal.
my plans stayed intact.
the pain killers worked.

on wednesday night, i wrote out a prayer to the Lord, pleading and pouring out my heart in hopes that He would work out the details. i left it all in His hands and laid my worries at the foot of the cross, trusting that He would work out every detail according to His will. and He did.  

He worked out the smallest of details in a big way.

i'm reminded of the beautiful hymn that so poignantly sums up my feelings:

when peace like a river attendeth my way,
when sorrows like sea billows roll;
whatever my lot, Thou hast taught me to say,
it is well, it is well, with my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment

when you write a comment, it makes me smile.